Matters Concerning the Protection of Personal Information
Tatsuya Nakajima President OPTEX GROUP CO., LTD.
1. Dissemination of personal information protection throughout the Company
The Company complies with laws and regulations and other norms on personal information, establishes internal regulations concerning the handling of personal information and ensures that all its employees understand the importance of protecting personal information.
2. Collection and use of personal information
When personal information is collected, the Company expressly clarifies the purpose of such collection to its customers in advance and uses it only to the extent necessary to achieve that purpose. If it becomes necessary to use customers’ personal information exceeding the scope of the purpose, the Company will obtain the prior consent of the customers.
3. Management of personal information
The Company takes the necessary and appropriate measures for preventing unauthorized access to, leakage, loss, destruction and alteration of personal information. In addition, if the Company discloses or provides personal information to a third party, it will require the third party to comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and will conduct thorough management.
4. Provision of personal information to a third party
The Company does not disclose or provide the personal information supplied by a customer to any third party, except in the circumstances stated below.
(1) that the customer’s consent has been obtained;
(2) that disclosure or provision of personal information to the Company’s subsidiaries or contractors is necessary in order to conduct services required by the customer; or
(3) that requirements prescribed by laws and regulations are met.
(4) that business is transferred due to merger, company split, business transfer or other reason.
5. Disclosure, correction or suspension of use of personal information
If a customer requests the disclosure, correction or suspension of use of his or her personal information, the Company will deal with that request within a reasonable extent, upon confirming that the request is made by the customer himself or herself.
7. Continuous improvement
Established on January 1,2017
Last revised on March 24,2023
Handling of existing personal information
With respect to personal information maintained by the Company prior to the enactment of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (information acquired by the Company without notification, announcement or clarification of purposes of use), it will continue to use such information within the previous scope of use.
Any customer wishing to suspend use of or delete his or her personal information as stated above should contact the point of contact below.